CAMWorks for Solid Edge provides seamlessly embedded CNC machine tool programming within the Solid Edge design environment. As an integrated CAM solution available for Solid Edge, programming becomes simplified using out-of-the-box automatic feature recognition and best practices for machining operations are captured using a knowledge-based machining repository.
CAMWorks for Solid Edge excels in the areas of 2.5 axis machining and turning, and is the only feature-based CAM product that is embedded in Solid Edge, enabling it to more fully leverage Solid Edge synchronous technology.
“I’m very impressed with CAMWorks for Solid Edge, and find this system much easier to use than my current system. The feature based approach seems much more intuitive than the process of creating profiles and chains method that I am currently used to. The automatic feature recognition and tool path associativity allows me to cut programming time by as much as 10 times.”
– Tim Hoeing, Owner, H&M Tool & Die
- Reduced programming time by up to 90 percent
- Improved consistency and quality
- Low cost of ownership with a short learning curve
- Reduced tooling costs with standardized tool and processes
- Shortened machining times with ultra high-performance toolpaths